Easy, quick & delicious!
Everyone knows that mac-n-cheese is one of the number one comfort foods. It’s also one that most everyone will enjoy (toddlers included!). Although there are thousands of variations on recipes, my mom’s recipe is….
…the BEST and the EASIEST!
I’ve typically always use sharp cheddar like my mom does, since it tastes the best, but other cheeses can be used. I’ve had good luck with Gruyere in the past. I’ve also subbed out nut milks for cows milk on occasion too.
For my mom’s recipe you will need: macaroni noodles, sharp cheddar cheese, milk, butter, flour and salt.
HOMEMADE MAC & CHEESE
2 cups dry macaroni noodles
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (throw in a little extra if you’d like!)
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt (or to taste depending on what you like. Some cheeses are saltier than others)
- Boil macaroni noodles according to package directions, do not overcook unless you like a real soft noodle since this will end up baking in the oven with hot sauce. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray or EVOO.
- In a sauce pan on medium to medium-low heat, stir together cheese, milk, butter and flour. Using a whisk, stir until cheese and butter is melted, add salt to taste. Continue to whisk until hot, bubbly and thickened.
- Place cooked macaroni in casserole dish and pour sauce over top. give a gentle fold or two to stir in the sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes, or until top starts to brown a little.
We’d love to see a picture of your finished mac-n-cheese! Let us know how you like it!